Sunday, August 29, 2010

JOHN WESLEY COLEMAN III:
Steal My Mind: LP
I don’t know why I’m having such a hard time finding the words to express just how good this album is, but for some reason I can’t put my finger on exactly what keeps me going back to the turntable to play this fucker again and again. Having heard the Golden Boys and digging them a hell of a lot, I thought that an album by one of them would sound a little different. Like what? I’m not sure, but not like this, and not this good. This record sounds like the Cheater Slicks decided to record with a big time Nashville producer and Bob Dylan’s organ player. There’s even a little Velvet Underground influence going on on side two. Standout tracks are “Donkey Song,” “I Can’t Sleep,” “Where Did My Friends Go,” and “There Goes My Baby.” Track this down and play the shit out of it. –Josh Benke (Certified PR)

No comments:

Post a Comment